[QtMoko] handset is (almost) unusable for voice calls with background noise

Tha_Man jeroenbreg at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:13:33 CEST 2010

Brolin Empey wrote:

> Hello World,
> [...]
> I am currently still using QtMoko v19 with the
> QtMoko v19 debug kernel because I have not been motivated to upgrade to
> v22 and v24.  I have already experimented with changing values in
> gsmhandset.state and have a config which is usually usable for handset
> voice calls in quiet places, such as inside my car, home, and workplace.
> [...]
I recognize the problems with the call volumes, I have been struggling with
it a lot as well. I am surprised you 'have not been motivated to upgrade'
your QtMoko, because the most recent V24 has a great improvement:
Fixed gsm alsa state to use recommended "Mic 2" instead of "Right PGA"
Also it uses neocontrol to easily adjust audio levels; this is my best sound
experience to date, after having used Hackable:1, plain Debian/Zhone and
Android on my Freerunner.
I'd still give it a go if I were you, although I must admit I've been
thinking of getting the N900 too (but I love the openness of the FR too much
for that!).

Cheers,
Jeroen