[QtMoko] handset is (almost) unusable for voice calls with background noise

Peter Nijs moko_ml at depeje.net
Tue Jun 15 16:56:15 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 10:58:41 Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Some FR have a problem of 2 capacitors in path to earpiece reducing max
> possible earpiece level, while others have a correct 2 pcs 0R "wire"
>  instead.  Actually for those I heard several complaints earpiece is too
>  loud :-)

I also have the problem the earpiece is too quiet. I set "bypass" and "speaker
volume" to maximum in SHR-testing. Especially in China (china mobile) I
couldn't use my FR because the operator seems to lower the volume drastically.

Can I expect the cap problem in the A5? And can I exchange these caps with
'wire' (or a drop of tin myself?

Depeje