[gta02-core] Openmoko Beagle Hybrid

Joerg Eesmann jeesmann at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 21:51:53 CEST 2010

Hi Nikolaus,
Very good stuff, an open phone with OMAP3530-Power, my dream...

I am a little off topic here, but I take the chance to ask eitherway.
I am thinking about a little simpler NaviBoard.
The actual Naviboard has 2x2 ADC with I2C and one 2axis Gyro(analogue)
and one 1-axis gyro(analogue). A few weeks ago Sparkfun announced a new
3-axis gyro with I2C (IDG3200), which would make the Naviboard much
simpler, I guess, and give the chance to add the pressure sensor
(BMP085) to the PCB.

I have one of these gyro on a breakoutboard in my hands, the chip is
really tiny with a tiny tiny footprint.
I think I will be able to solder the pressure sensor with a reflow oven
in future (when my reflow oven is finished), but this gyro and the
honeywell mangneto sensor. How do I solder them?
How do I apply the solder paste to such a fine grid with no special
epipment?
You said, you also have at least one chip with BGA (0.5 pitch I guess)
on your board, how did you manage to solder this during prototyping?
Any tipps?
Anyone?

Thank you all in advance,
Joerg