Gprs sent and receive random byte. WHY?

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Fri Jun 18 10:58:08 CEST 2010

>Someone Root-kited my phone? It is possible.
Possible yes. But like I said. Unlikely :-)
So first of all: Don't panic

>I am tryng to set a firewall.
If it would be root-kited even I firewall wouldn't do any good.

>Do you think it is a good idea? So I can open only the port I use.
>Where I can find "tcpdump" ? I tried with netstat but it don't help me.
try tcpdump in the shell, else opkg update and then opkg install tcpdump
(http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/ipk/armv4t/tcpdump_4.0.0-r3.4_armv4t.ipk)
BUT: I would first suggest, that you make ifconfig in the shell and look,
if there is a ppp0:avahi or so.
If yes, you have a badly misconfigured avahi which also sends
avahi-requests into the internet, what makes totaly no sense.
So just shutdown avahi, or at least this interface with
ifconfig <device-name> down
If there are further questions, you can contact me in IRC
irc://irc.freenode.net/#openmoko-cdevel

>Thank for your help!
regards
	leviathan