FoxtrotGPS 0.99.4 available (also: looking forward...)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun Jun 20 05:57:08 CEST 2010

jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:16 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > thanks for recipes, will be available in shr-u feeds today :).
> >
> > Regards,
>
> two things ive noticed,

I'm reasonably sure that neither of these are actually FoxtrotGPS issues:

> 1 phone will go into suspend while running foxtrot, unlike omgps.

My suggestion is that this is an integration issue rather than something
that would be appropriate for us to try to address in FoxtrotGPS per se,
and it should probably be addressed in terms of system policy; if you're
using SHR or another FSO-based system, then there are probably already
ways that you can automatically prevent the system from suspending
whenever the GPS is on or in use by any application; fsoraw can certainly
be used to control this on a per-application basis, but it sounds more
like a general `GPS keeps the system awake' rule is more what you want.

> also, foxtrot does not seem to remember setting an alternate path for
> the map tiles.
> ill set OSM to read from the sd card, scroll about and all the tiles
> are there.
> close foxtrot and all my tiles are gone because the pathing is reset
> to the default location.

It sounds like there's something wrong with your gconf installation--
the only way that I can reproduce this issue is by preventing gconfd
from running.