Missing feature

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Jun 21 11:54:57 CEST 2010

Am 21.06.2010 11:08, schrieb Fox Mulder:
> Am 21.06.2010 00:44, schrieb Marcin Ćwikła:
>> 2010/6/20 Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net <mailto:Quakeman1 at gmx.net>>
>>
>>     Hi,
>>

>>     But there is one major thing i'm missing which has every other mobile
>>     phone. The possibility to see unanswered calls/sms without extra turning
>>     on the phone. When i missed a call and wasn't near the phone than i do
>>     not wakeup the phone "only" to see if i missed a call. Therefore i often
>>     responded to missed calls/sms quite late because i din't know i had
>>     one. :/
>>
>>     So i thought how this problem could be solved and had an idea but don't
>>     know if it is possible to implement. :)
>>

>> Here is sth for a good start.
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/shr-devel@lists.shr-project.org/msg00116.html
>> Without accelerometers, only "Motorola bip".
>
> Thanks for the hint. I never knew that something like this existed.
> Maybe Marco posted it at the wrong mailinglist because no one answered
> to his mail. :(
>
> I think this script is going exact in the right direction. Only the 15
> minutes wakeup as long as the missing call is not confirmed is not as
> effective as the accelerometer solution i have in mind. :)
> But i think his script is a very good basis for what i have in mind. If
> i would be a programmer i would try to modify his script but for now i
> think i will just give it a try as it is now. I hope it still works
> because it was written a year ago and many things have changed since than.
>
> I will post an update here if his script still works or not.

I had to replace a few program paths which were no more correct. But
then the first try was not so successfull as i hoped. It seems that the
script tries to create a simple gui which fails with an AttributeError.

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py:242:
DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
  super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
Let's go on
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./notifier", line 337, in <module>
    win.destroy = destroy
AttributeError: 'elementary.c_elementary.Window' object has no attribute
'destroy'

When i just remove the line 337 and run it i got another error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./notifier", line 360, in <module>
    bt_calls.clicked = show_missed_calls
AttributeError: 'elementary.c_elementary.Button' object has no attribute
'clicked'

When i also remove the two lines for the clicked event the script seems
to run. But when i call myself and hang up nothing happens. I don't know
if nothing hapens because of the commented out gui lines or if the code
doesn't work anymore in general. I see that there are quite some dbus
calls and maybe the syntax for them also has changed. :/

When i interpret it right then the gui part only shows the missed
calls/sms. So maybe the gui part isn't needed anymore because we can use
opimd-notifier to show the missed calls/sms.
But without the script's gui we need another way to confirm and
deactivate the reminder.

Ciao,
     Rainer