T-mobile even more plus

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Tue Jun 22 23:37:28 CEST 2010

Hi Ed,

I have something similair here in Germany (with t-mobile, take-away flat)
and they say in the 'contract': only web-access by 'suitable' mobile
phones.
I don't know how they want to find our whether the FR is a suitable mobile
phone or not.
What I discovered is, that ssh'ing from the FR to another host is
blocked at port 22. But ssh'ing to a different port (say 2222) on the
server side works for me.
I've been very carefully up to now with data transfer over ssh (some 10kB
or so per month) but up to now I did not see any change in the monthly
charge, which is a fixed 'flatrate' for data.

I cannot imagine that the provider is doing data analysis of the traffic;
they would have to provide an http proxy then.
I think they try to block other services (skype, ssh, etc) by blocking the
ports (at least in my  case), which is pretty stupid. I would instead only
allow http and https.
What is also very funny, to set up an ssh server on port 80...

Alex.

Another page that maybe helps:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPRS_APN_table