QtMoko v18 - based on 2.6.32

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:31:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:09:24PM +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
> Otherwise the new kernel runs really nice. Bluetooth and accelerometers should
> be quite easy to fix. I dont know about the touchscreen in X. Any other distro
> that uses 2.6.32 kernel has X server all right?

With 2.6.32 built with OE available here:
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/kms/images/om-gta02/
defconfig
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-2.6.32/om-gta02/defconfig

I don't see any strange touchscreen behavior in xserver-1.8 snapshot and
I don't remember any ts issues with 1.7.* versions (except that I was
missing ts filters in first defconfig and then ts calibration wasn't
able to find sysfs nodes).

http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/xserver-kdrive-common/xserver-kdrive-common/shr/89xTs_Calibrate

> If there are no other regressions i am thinking about making 2.6.32 kernel
> default for QtMoko.

Great!

Yesterday Thomas White pushed WSOD fix for his DRM driver, so I hope we
could move to 2.6.32 with SHR soon too.

Cheers,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr