[Debian] new kernel package

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:12:51 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 05:40:10PM +0200, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Sebastian Reichel <elektranox at gmail.com> writes:
> > as I said multiple times - you need to load the led kernel module to
> > have working leds. I guess I should add an init.d script to
> > fso-config-gta02, which will load these modules.
>
> init script does not sound very nice. How about just warning about
> this during package installation time?

mh I think the init script is a common used way for this. So far I
saw it in the nvidia/non-free package and in dahdi (isdn driver).

There will probably be more things beeing compiled as modules in
the next version. My aim is to compile everything as module which
is not in the linus kernel tree, so that these can be built with
Debian's module-assistant. This way it should be easier for luca
to add the -s3c branch to the kernel in Debian main.

luca: any comments on this?

-- Sebastian