My FreeRunner’s USB port still works for power, but not data?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Thu Mar 4 21:35:59 CET 2010

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Brolin Empey<brolin at brolin.be>  writes:
>> I have fully reassembled my FreeRunner;  it still works, except for USB
>> data.  However, now I really think this is a hardware problem because
>
> Just a check: can you see internal bluetooth chip if you power it up
> and run "lsusb" on the phone?

My QtMoko installation lacks lsusb and I cannot install it because my
FreeRunner does not have Internet access.  However,
/proc/bus/usb/devices /does/ list the internal Bluetooth chip:

ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle

(I Googled for “0a12:0001” and found a HOWTO [1] from which I copied the
line of lsusb output for that USB ID.)

[1] <http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/bluetooth/bluetooth_HOWTO.html>