What to do with FreeRunner / Neo 1973?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Mar 8 08:36:22 CET 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 3:53 AM, Alishams Hassam wrote:
> Overall Qtmoko has my vote too.

Downloading it now .. ;)

> Whatever you decide to try, it's going to be easier to have a
> bootmenu.
> On your GTA01 i hope you have a debug board or someway to modify the
> bootloader if you throw on QI. Some fellow released a graphical
> bootmenu
> for it a few weeks back and it makes distro selecting very
> convienient.
> I've learned to hate U-boot.

Yes, I have the board and will try to put QI on my machines as well ..
thanks for the tip!

> That should keep you entertained for a while ;)

This is exactly what I'd hoped to hear, and I appreciate the response
- thank you!  Seems I will have something useful to do with my
Freerunner after all .. one question: I'd like to set it up as a mini-
ISP, allowing Wireless/Bluetooth connections to share the Internet
over the Freerunner - is this possible yet, or is it still pretty much
a difficult thing to set up?  I've been quite spoiled with my Android
phone tethering for all my devices - if the Freerunner could do this
easily enough (is there a GUI?) then I'd have a really interesting
place to use it ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan