[NEW DISTRIBUTION] Announcing NEOPhysis

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Wed Mar 10 19:53:38 CET 2010

>On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Aditya Gandhi <aditya.g8 at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Why don't we really combine all efforts instead of making a huge and
>> heavy fso which is indeed short of a good phone into something more
>> specific and quicker.
>IIRC, FSO is pretty quick to start...most of the time spent is for X,
>wm, etc (may be udev also plays a role there...I've never

I think it's falling nicely into place. bit by bit the big
python based framework is being replaced by smaller fast lightweight
vala based daemons, the latest reports of running fso-gsmd are very
encouraging - fast, small memory footprint... thanks to Mickey's effort.

Sidetracking a bit, but imho i am not so much looking to the "stable
party" as i am really looking forward to have fso-gsmd and new opimd
(have since yesterday) running in my phone. i hope to see increase of
speed and performance especially during startup, but not only.

And i think yes, the FSO team is open to patches... :)

my 2cents only...

Petr