NWA Development and Sources?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:11:26 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM, D. Gassen <dirk.gassen at web.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know if NWA is still being developed? According to the page on the OpenMoko Wiki (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NWA) it seems that it was more like a proof of concept.

Yes, it was born to make brainstorming, that's the reason sources were
not released. Anyway I got no partecipation in that nor in wiki
"Discussion Board" in several months, I guess becouse it's QT based.
Developing was stopped due to lack of interest and kernel problems,
but now Paul Ferster patched ar6000 module, and Ben reported that NWA
now seems to be rock solid.
Please try the patch and report on trac any issues, this should
accelerate the upstream landing.
NWA is now one of the neophysis wifi manager candidate, so I'm going
in the next weeks to improve and clean it and finally release sources,
so please be patient.

> Was it replaced by something else?
>
> I really like the concept of it (love it, actually) but not being able to connect to WEP "secured" networks is not that great. I cannot find any sources for it.

Are you able to connect to your WEP network using wpa_supplicant
manually? in that case NWA should work or it needs a trivial fix.

     Niko