NWA Development and Sources?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:22:35 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM, D. Gassen <dirk.gassen at web.de> wrote:
[...]
>> now seems to be rock solid. Please try the patch and report on trac any issues, this should
>> accelerate the upstream landing.
>
> Do you have a URL handy by any chance?

It's on openmoko trac:

https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2333/0001-ar6000-minimise-possibility-of-race-in-ar6000_ioctl_.patch

[...]
>>> I really like the concept of it (love it, actually) but not being able to connect to WEP "secured" networks is not that great. I cannot find any sources for it.
>>
>> Are you able to connect to your WEP network using wpa_supplicant
>> manually? in that case NWA should work or it needs a trivial fix.
>
> I do get
>
>> AppletController "Cannot set network options
>> Did not receive correct message arguments."
>> Unaccepted options: QMap(("key_mgmt", QVariant(QString, "WEP") ) ( "priority" ,  QVariant(QString, "0") ) ( "ssid" ,  QVariant(QString, "bishop") ) ( "wep_key0" ,  QVariant(QString, "**************************") ) ( "wep_key1" ,  QVariant(QString, "") ) ( "wep_key2" ,  QVariant(QString, "") ) ( "wep_key3" ,  QVariant(QString, "") ) ( "wep_tx_keyidx" ,  QVariant(QString, "0") ) )
>> AppletController cannot add network QVariant(QString, "GWN") QVariant(, )

Thats a dbus error reply from wpa_supplicant.
Just guessing (I cannot check now) try to remove empty wep keys from
.nwa.conf, or in general remove from it pair values in "Unaccepted
options" that are not present in your wpa_supplicant.conf.

[...]

> I do actually have problems with the ar6000 driver if I do *not* blacklist it (in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist). I do see kernel panics in the syslog and Wifi usually does not work (fsoraw fails to aquire the WiFi resource and I don't get the eth0 interface). I *seem* to have less problems if I load the driver later manually.
>
> I am running andy-tracking 3db70757d6fabb17 with my own config (DEBUG options disabled) but I have the same results with the current kernel from SHR-U. Is that aforementioned patch included?

Not yet.

    Niko