[SHR]does wakeup-on-wlan work on SHR?

niubee_007 pengningkun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 10:31:30 CET 2010

>2. to actually give it a try one needs to do this kernel work:
>   a) make sure WOL line can be configured as a wake up source
>   b) add an option for "unsafe" handling of a device attached to
>   s3c-mci (means assume the device attached to it retains its
>   state over suspend/resume)
>   c) add an option to keep the wlan module powered during suspend
>3. I'm unsure how exactly to trigger WoL on ar6000. Is it supposed to
>pulse the line on reception of a traditional ethernet WOL packet? Or
>on any incoming traffic? What about secure (WPA/RSN) networks?

Thanks for your info.
I am not familiar with kernel so it will take some time for me to study.

For WoL on ar6000, we can use wmiconfig to define the WOL packet.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wmiconfig#Using_wmiconfig_to_enable_wakeup-on-wireless_.28wow.29

But FR can't be waked up by the WOL packet (here I use ICMP as WOL pkt).
I did not measure the GPIO1 level as I guess the problem would be in
software.

Traditional magic packet is also not working on SHR.

All my tests are done on SHR version
uImage-2.6.29-oe11+gitr119860+b90406de472c1aa5371ab593a2bb79136d5de658-r6-om-gta02.bin
full-om-gta02.jffs2 (22-Feb-2010).

Thanks again.

Best Regards