Buzz is not Fixed

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Mar 16 00:15:52 CET 2010

Em 14-03-2010 12:07, Toni Mueller escreveu:
> after getting my device back (months ago) and putting the
> first semi-working distro on it (SHR unstable from Feb. 24th this
> year), sound has improved from pure buzz to semi-intelligible buzz like
> on an old military short-wave walkie-talkie. It's very hard to use if
> there are also environmental noises, which there usually are.
>
> I verified that the buzz fix hardware is there.
>
> I'm using a T-D1 card on a contract in Germany (not reseller or
> prepaid).
>

> What now?

My A5+buzz fix gets reasonably good sound if I change the Mic Sidetone
Mux to a value other than the "correct" value.

Can you try and see if it works for you too?

I have it like this, under current SHR Unstable:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ grep ^63
/etc/freesmartphone/conf/GTA02/alsa-default/gsmhandset
63:'Mic Sidetone Mux':1:3

Rui