Buzz is not Fixed

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Mar 17 20:05:14 CET 2010

Toni Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after getting my device back (months ago) and putting the
> first semi-working distro on it (SHR unstable from Feb. 24th this
> year), sound has improved from pure buzz to semi-intelligible buzz like
> on an old military short-wave walkie-talkie. It's very hard to use if
> there are also environmental noises, which there usually are.
>
> I verified that the buzz fix hardware is there.

Turn the mic volume down. (Recent SHR shows a "mic volume" slider
while the call is in progress.)

Even my non-bussfixed phone gets (almost) buzz-free when I turn
the mic volume down. Don't go too far, or nobody will be able to
hear you though.

Fine-tune the mic volume while calling yourself on another phone.
Then terminate the call and reboot. When you reboot, the volume
settings from the last call is saved. If you don't do this, then
the next call will reset the mic volume to 100%, and that doesn't work well.

Helge Hafting