freerunner stops working

vancel35 vancel at thespazcat.com
Thu Mar 18 19:57:33 CET 2010

jhig wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm using shr-unstable from february 2010
> Linux version 2.6.29-rc3 (shr at opmbuild) (gcc version 4.4.2 (GCC) ) #1
> PREEMPT
> Fri Feb 5 18:47:47 CET 2010
>
> i use the freerunner permanently plugged to my server for sending sms.
> it worked 10 days normally.
> then first the X server died, so i couldn't see anything on the device but
> connecting through ssh was possible.
> 3 days later the whole system died so i couldn't even log into trough ssh.
>
> has anyone made similar experiences.
> is there something i can do against this behaviour?
>
> unfortunately i do not have any log files, because they got deleted after
> the
> reboot.
>
> thanx,
> johannes.

Do you actually leave the FR running for 10 days straight?  That may be the
problem.  There was an issue a while back with problems after the FR had
been left on for a while, and the popular answer was to reboot daily.  I
typically reboot once every 2 or 3 days.

I don't know if anyone will be able to indicate a similar experience mainly
because I'm not sure if anyone leaves theirs on that long.

-Laura