[QTMOKO] Dead UI

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Mar 19 22:13:39 CET 2010

Hi there!

qtmoko v19, debug -kernel, qi, freerunner

Most of the things were fine until noon today, when something
happened. No, I didn't install anything, didn't upgrade, update,
change any config, nothing. Something just happened.

qtmoko starts normally
When I touch the touch screen, the screen light comes on, but no menu
or icon reacts.
AUX & POWER work as expected.

hexdump -C /dev/input/event1 showed that touch is recognized, so it
shouldn't be hardware. Being able to run Debian normally confirms
this.

Have been rebooting wishing this'd disappear, but no.
Ran apt-get dist-upgrade and dpkg-reconfigure -a with no success.

Someone suggested that I should recalibrate the screen - how do I
start the calibration software from command line?
Someone suggested I should try xev. How do I start X from command line?

Someone, please help... :/