getting started with wlan

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 06:57:34 CET 2010

Kai-Martin <kmk at familieknaak.de> writes:
>> Sorry cant help with wifi - I find that mokoconnect and similar gui's
>> are too flaky - manual is more reliable.
>
> Ok, why not.
> I am only half fluent with the necessesary commands. On my
> laptop I used to call  wpa_supplicant with some fancy config file.
> The wlan device to talk to seems to be eth0, right?

Exactly. Just add an appropriate section to wpa_supplicant.conf, it
works for all networks.

To understand power management, read FSO_Resources wiki page, to
search the wiki without JS shit, just google ``site:wiki.openmoko.org
wifi''.

Most probably you'll need an additional delay before wpa_supplicant,
just like with BT.

HTH

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com