getting started with wlan

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 08:29:13 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Kai-Martin <kmk at familieknaak.de> wrote:
> I just found the wiki page on wlan connectivity:
>        http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wifi
> However, the commands there assume a working eth0 device.
> So I have to deal with that first.

Here are a few scripts that I use. I've put them in my home directory,
where they are easy to start:

$ cat ./up
fsoraw -f -r WiFi -- wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwext -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf &

$ cat ./a
udhcpc

$ cat ./u
#! /bin/sh

fsoraw -f -r CPU,Display -- opkg update
swapon /dev/mmcblk0p4
fsoraw -f -r CPU,Display -- opkg upgrade
swapoff /dev/mmcblk0p4

$ cat ./down
killall wpa_supplicant

Note that my 'u' script turns swap on and off. You may not have a swap
file or partition, so you may want to leave this out (although swapon
will complain if it doesn't find a swap file or partition).

These scripts kinda 'work', although e SIGABRT's for me, too, when I
turn off the WiFi, or if I let the FR suspend while WiFi is on. I'll
open tickets for those problems.

Hope this helps!

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0