Thone 0.5

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Wed Mar 31 01:59:52 CEST 2010

On April 1st, 2009, Werner Almesberger wrote
 > April 1 is not over yet ;-) [1]

Following up on that discussion, I decided to
write a bunch of shell scripts to read/write sms,
calls, manage your address book etc. At first,
they were basicly mdbus wrappers. But it apparently
took me a full year get the details right.

And today is a nice day to release what I have
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Pike/Thone

I'm curious what y'all think. My aim was to write
something that would beat the guis: quicker to load,
easier to work with, more reliable, and, when using
a gui like FatFingerShell [2], prettier :-)
But to be honest, I'm not there yet.

I learned the nitgrit of bash, sed and awk along
the way; most of the code already looks like
babytalk to me now, but well it works.

$2c,
*-pike

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2542865%7Ca2568942