Introducing the Freerunner Navigation Board

Christoph Mair ml at chonyota.net
Sat May 1 13:48:58 CEST 2010

Dear community,

we are proud to release a hardware extension for our beloved Freerunner: a
navigation board!

What is it?
The Freerunner Navigation Board is a small PCB which is able to measure
rotations as well as the magnetic field in 3D respectively (i.e. compass and
gyroscopes integrated). The navigation board can be integrated in the existing
Freerunner case.

How can we test it?
In order to test the functionality of the sensors we developed a monitor
application for sensors written completely in Vala. For more detailed
information on both, Freerunner Navigation Board and Sensor Monitor, please
refer to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner_Navigation_Board

What can we do with it?
No idea. Perhaps someone of you can find an appropriate use :p

We are looking forward to get feedback and comments.

Cheers,
  Christoph & Michele