Introducing the Freerunner Navigation Board

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat May 1 18:24:54 CEST 2010

Am 01.05.2010 um 17:30 schrieb Christoph Mair:

> On Saturday 01 May 2010 14:56:52 omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 May 2010 13:48:58 +0200
>> Christoph Mair <ml at chonyota.net> wrote:
>>> we are proud to release a hardware extension for our beloved
>>> Freerunner:
>>> a navigation board!
>>
>> Great work!

I agree 120%!

>> Are you going to distribute it? If yes, what's the price of one? If
>> no,
>> what's the cost of the modules needed to assemble one (pardon me if
>> this
>> question is stupid)?
>
> The price for all parts is about 70€ without shipping costs.
> The PCB is 3€, in case you want to buy everything else yourself.
> Most parts
> are available from digikey. The gyroscopes can be bought from
> http://invensense.com or from a distributor near you.
>
> If you want a DIY-kit, I can send you everything needed to build it.
>
> Soldering experience is definitively required. The QFN chips (gyros
> and
> compass) are somewhat difficult to handle, but you can "reflow"-
> solder them in a
> pizza oven.
> I could assemble one for you, but this solution does not scale. It
> took me
> about 5 hours to finish the first one, and an additional hour to
> find and remove
> all the short circuits. :P
>
> If there is enough interest I'll try to find someone which builds
> and sells
> ready made modules.

If you need help with SMD work for the Freerunner, we can offer our
experience for doing the buzz, bass, 1024 reworks.

And, we can add your design to our shop so that you don't have to
handle all the individual requests.

Please contact me by private mail,
Nikolaus

Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People