qualitiy is important for tangoGPS

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun May 2 03:39:12 CEST 2010

Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com> writes:

> As you already stated, tangoGPS is GPL'd, thus certainly if a packager
> of SHR or any other distribution wants to include your patch, that is
> certainly possible, no problem there.

Hi Marcus,

I've been going through the source, and none of the files appear to
actually be labelled with the sort of text recommended in the
"COPYING" file:

    [...]
      If you develop a new program, and you want it to be of the greatest
    possible use to the public, the best way to achieve this is to make it
    free software which everyone can redistribute and change under these terms.

      To do so, attach the following notices to the program.  It is safest
    to attach them to the start of each source file to most effectively
    convey the exclusion of warranty; and each file should have at least
    the "copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.

        <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
        Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

        (at your option) any later version.
    [...]

You've stated that the whole thing is `GPL'd', but what are the
`version constraints'? Should I interpret this as meaning that
tangoGPS is licensed as `version 2 or any later version', as described
in that part of the "COPYING" document?