Detecting 1024 on qtmoko

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 2 22:05:57 CEST 2010

>> Also... do QtMoko really log to files on flash or have I missed
>> something. I would prefer logging to a ramfs like on SHR.
> Now it logs to flash. I have been experimenting with this
> a little. It's very  wanted for next releases...

I use the following script:

   % cat /etc/init.d/syslog-busybox
   #!/bin/sh

   ### BEGIN INIT INFO
   # Provides:             sysklogd
   # Required-Start:       $remote_fs $time
   # Required-Stop:        $remote_fs $time
   # Should-Start:         $network
   # Should-Stop:          $network
   # Default-Start:        2 3 4 5
   # Default-Stop:         0 1 6
   # Short-Description:    System logger
   ### END INIT INFO

   case "$1" in
       start )
           echo -n "Starting Busybox syslog:"
           if busybox syslogd -C16; then
               echo -n " syslogd"; else echo -n " !syslogd!"; fi
           if busybox klogd; then
               echo -n " klogd"; else echo -n " !kogd!"; fi
           echo "."
           ;;
   esac
   %

It should be made into a small Debian package, but I haven't spent the
time yet to learn how to make such a thing.

        Stefan