SHR phoneui-contacts buddy icons

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Wed May 5 08:04:05 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010 00:36:59 schrieb Robin Paulson:
> On 5 May 2010 00:30, Bernd Prünster <bernd.pruenster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I was wondering what are the green one eyed alien that appear next to
> >> the contact name in Contacts list. I thought that it was an icon to
> >> replace with your friends photos, but I don't find where to change it.
> >>
> >> Sorry again for the silly question.
> >
> > Add a Photo field in the contact view. upon editing that field a file
> > browser will appear to choose the picture
>
> the following would be potentially useful:
> add a user to contacts, let's call him 'John Smith'
> take a photo of John
> place the photo in /home/$user/.contact_photos/John Smith.jpg
> then, on using contacts/dialler/messages/etc., john's photo
> automatically appears

problem with this aproach is a naming one. The calculation of the display name
has gotten complex in between. And then... if you change some component the
photo will no longer be shown. Something like
/home/$user/.contact_photos/EntryId.jpg would work. But right now the EntryId
of a contact is not user visible (and there should be no reason for it to be).

Btw. the filebrowser to select the foto is fixed.

--
Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann