GSM Phone Simulation on Emulator

saravanan T saravanadel at gmail.com
Thu May 6 07:46:30 CEST 2010

Hello,
Can you guys please guide on how to simulate gsm calls in the emulator.
In openmoko.org, I found that gsm calls can be emulated through phonesim. I
have enabled phonesim while building the qemu by --enable-phone-sim
(found here QPE 4.3.0 plus QEMU « Account of my
unadventures<http://unadventure.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/qpe-430-plus-qemu/>)
compiler flags. But I cannot run the phonesim gui.

Q1.How do I run the phonesim gui app. I tried downloading the source
compiling it, but it needs qt installed. I downloaded the qt sdk from nokia
(qt source sdk).Compiled and
installed,but no use.Please sugggest a way to run the phonesim gui.

Q2.Can I make calls between the simulator (like in android). If so how.?

Q3.Is there any app like phonesim used to emulate gsm?
Not the atinterface, because in the link I mentioned above it says that
atinterface run on qtopia, and is used to expose the modem.

*Please help regarding this issue.*
Thank You

Regards
Saravana.L