New 2.6.24.3 kernel and Debian Lenny for JZ4730 based MINIPCs

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sat May 8 20:42:44 CEST 2010

Hi all,
as you may know we have worked a while on the JZ4730 based MINIPCs
(available under different brands e.g. Letux 400) which are quite
lightweight (ca. 670 g) and still low powered to make them a nice
companion for the Freerunner with keyboard and larger display.

Now I think the kernel and rootfs efforts are ripe enough to be
useable. We have recently fixed:

* missing touchpad button driver
* issue with RTC / i2c bus driver
* device did not power off after 'shutdown -h now'
* correct bootstrap of Debian Lenny base install (no X11 predefined
but apt-get install is your friend...)

The kernel & rootfs can be installed on a two-partition SD Card and
can (only) be booted from there (it is not yet ready for permanently
flashing). More fixes will come to make it bullet proof and user
friendly (e.g. LEDs should indicate caps/num lock etc.). Please also
note that sound is not working correctly.

CDC Ethernet/USB connection of a Freerunner now also works out of the
box following instructions at [1].

To keep things systematic there are two separate projects

a) Kernel
Project: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux-400/
Hardware Infos: http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/WebHome

b) Debian Lenny