GameRunner 0.2 is out ! : snes9x, more games, and fixes

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 16:28:53 CEST 2010

Hello,

--- On Thu, 5/13/10, Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 13.05.2010 06:52, schrieb Rafael Ignacio Zurita:
> > Changes :
> > * fixes in Gamerunner game control : works always and
> better. Now red aux
> > button light means mode 2, so we can know which mode is the current one.
> > Touchscreen control is more accurate.
>
> First i want to congratulate to this really nice distro.
> :)
>
> Today i tried v0.2 of Gamerunner. Because i'm a big fan of
> the old FPS (Duke3d, Quake, Doom) i only tried these three.
> But to be honest none of them were playable. All three
> started ok but the control of the player was not useable.
>
> The player in Doom was only moving sometimes and i could
> only get it to shoot. The menu is working quite good with touchscreen but
> i can't control the sliders for the sound/music volume.
>
> In Duke3d the player was always running forward and i can't
> control the movement. Only firing and jumping was working.
> I had the same problem with duke3d when i was last trying
> to get it working last year.

Thanks for testing :)

Doom and Duke Nukem 3d are unmodified. It means that these
work like before (from authors ported files) :
http://www.unsyncopated.com/wiki/Doom Port
http://charles-henri.org/duke3d_1.0-r2_armv4t.opk

For DOOM: if you have played the Doom Port before
you will remember that when you run the game you need
to keep your phone in some comfortable pos, because
Doom takes your position as central/or home position IIRC.
So start Doom and keep the phone centered like you want.
If it is on the table, for example, the horizontal pos is
taken by Doom as central, so it will be hard to move the player.

For Duke Nukem I have seen that sometimes it does not work
like we want, but after re start the whole game usually work
(perhaps some init vars?)

> Only Quake was working more or less with accelerometer (but
> not with touchscreen) but the sensitivity was so high that only a
> very very little movement of the neo case leads to a big movement.
> Therefor it was nearly impossible to control the player in a accurate way.
> The sensitivity of the accels should be about 1/10 of it's
> current state.

Quake is using our game control. Because our game control
is for all kind of games it could be no the best yet.
But it is working and we are working to improve it again
and again ;)

Regards.

Rafael