[ANNOUNCE] qi-bootmenu-0.1 for GTA02

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat May 15 00:39:35 CEST 2010

Hello,
I finally found time to test this.
Without a SD card in my FR, I only get the power off button. Cool!
I hav a SD card partitioned like this:
/dev/mmcblk0p1 - vfat, for storage
/dev/mmcblk0p2 - ext3,  QtMoko V22
/dev/mmcblk0p3 - ext3, QtMoko V23
/dev/mmcblk0p4 - swap

with the SD card inserted, I see no bootmenu - it just boots /dev/mmcblk0p2
every time.
What's wrong?

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Marc Andre Tanner
<openmoko at brain-dump.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally found the time to package up my current state of things which
> works ok here at least for GTA02. Kernel + Qi can be downloaded from:
>
>  http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/qi-bootmenu/
>
> It would be nice if the various distros out there could place their
> kernels in /boot/uImage-$MACHINE.bin where $MACHINE is either GTA01
> or GTA02. This makes sure that they will be detected by qi-bootmenu.
> You can optionally also place a logo in /boot/bootlogo.png which
> will be displayed along the partition name.
>
> As for GTA01 support I'm playing around with a 2.6.32 based kernel
> but with the initramfs embedded the result is to big ~2.4M. So we
> need to shrink it by 400K to fit into the kernel partition. Not yet
> sure how this should be done without either losing features (usb
> network access for example) or repartitioning NAND (dropping the
> uboot splash screen partition) but I personally don't want to take
> the latter route, so we will see...
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
>
> --