Again: Python Error <No module named Tkinter>

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue May 18 12:58:55 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 03:52:40AM -0700, sferic wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> But what does this mean? (Apology for the stupid question. I am new in this
> business...)
>
> Do I have to wait for a recompiled version of python-tkinter (which I have
> to reinstall with the option --force-reinstall)? Or can't I use python idle
> at present? I removed libtk8.4-0 from ipk-pre-gcc-4.4.3 in any case.

Yes, exactly. The package version will stay the same so opkg upgrade
won't install fixed version for you automatically, but there will be
libtk available in ipk/armv4 and python-tkinter will be probably fixed.

opkg install -force-reinstall python-tkinter libtk8.4
should work.

It's already built and will be in feeds in an hour or so with other
upgrades. If you see fso stuff upgrade with opkg upgrade then tk is
already there.

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr