ffalarms custom command

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Wed May 19 20:53:06 CEST 2010

Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> writes:

> i have been using ffalarms daily and really like it. thanks for it!
>
> have one feature request - in reality, it makes a really great atd
> frontend :), would it be possible to implement a feature
> to choose whether alarm should be sound or not and also to run custom
> command? As all the other structure is there and it makes little sense
> to start a second project with very similar aim, this could nicely
> provide a way to auto turn off our freerunner in the evening and do
> wake in the morning... as well as run and manage automated events...

Hi,

In a sense it is already there: you can put any command as a player in a
config file.  BUT: at the moment you can declare only single player and
so there is no GUI way to select between them which I think you suggest?

But then to modes would be possible: an alarm (with the snooze/ack gui)
and the background command (possibly with an output to some logfile
and/or gui message if command fails).

At the moment I put quite low priority to ffalarms compared to the
real/rest-of life, so I can not give any promise when I could implement
this feature though I could find it useful myself to change phone
profile to silent/vibrate for some regular events.