Qtextended.org will be shutdown.

lorn.potter at nokia.com lorn.potter at nokia.com
Thu May 20 05:49:06 CEST 2010

Sad to say, http://qtextended.org will be shutting down permanently.

This web site will be disappearing into the history of the web archive.

In a matter of 3 weeks or so, we will be dusting off the cobwebs from the
power buttons and all the content and files will be deleted from this web
site, and will no longer be accessible from here.
The files will be available for download until then.

I was originally hired at Trolltech as Qtopia Community Liaison/Manager to
(among other things) develop and run this web site in 2003, so this comes to
me with a bit of a heavy heart.

Back then, the Sharp Zaurus was king, and Opie was the communities
effort/fork of Qtopia.

A lot of changes have taken place since that time. Nokia bought Trolltech in
2008, and discontinued work on Qtopia/Qt Extended. Since then, Qt has taken
over Nokia, the worlds largest provider of mobile phones.

The Openmoko community has keep up maintenance of Qtopia, for which I am
thankful (it's still the best open source gui for the Neo)

Thankfully, I am still a troll and working with the most awesome cross
platform framework. Once a troll, always a troll, someone has said.

and as a famous Australian once said, "such is life..."

--
Lorn Potter
Senior Software Engineer, Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks