8 Gigabyte Sandisk MicroSDHC Incompatibility

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri May 21 13:12:56 CEST 2010

> It's my understanding that increasing max click will drain the battery
> faster and may increase "wear" on the stick (I don't recall where I read
> that), but it's a relief to have it working, and I'm really glad that I
> asked here. :D

it's a really long time since i have bothered with that, but afair you're
wrong.
- it does affect the way, the glamo interacts with the sd card, thus no
additional "wear and tear" is included
- you do, in fact, not _in_crease the max clock, but _de_crease, since the
default max clock is too fast for slow sd cards, they do not response in
time and thus the communication times out

inhowfar that affects battery lifetime, i cannot say. but i guess it's not
significant -- #1024 would be far more relevant ...