How to install Toolchain?

Shaz shazalive at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:34:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Tanmay Mathur
<tanmay.mathur06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install openmoko toolchain on ubuntu 8.10. But we are not
> able to succeed. Please suggest me how to proceed. I have read the material
> given on the link http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain.
>
> Also tell me which version of toolchain to download, there are many versions
> given on the above link.

# cd /
# tar -xjvf ~/sources/openmoko-XYZ-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2

The above is important. Use the latest toolchain but you can use
earlier ones as well. The link from wiki is to the latest toolchain.
If you cannot follow this than come over to irc #openmoko or
#openmoko-cdevel channels for live instructions and queries. The
toolchain wiki page is very nicely written and can be easily followed.

Some of the earlier toolchains have more libraries but latest ones can
also be updated. For a start anyone is fine.

--
Shaz