Someone is trying to patent Quickwriting

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 12:17:40 CET 2010

Greetings,
Some weeks ago a new software for Android has come out, the 8pen:
http://www.the8pen.com/

the video clearly introduces a modified/simplified version of
Quickwriting, an open (ie unpatented) input method invented a few
years ago.

Now they are trying to put a patent on it, even on variations! This is
outrageous, since the idea has already been thought. I think we still
apply against this patent, and move for a request to make it void
(it's still in pending state).

Here is the patent request:
http://www.the8pen.com/legal.html

Please help the open source community against this ridiculous attempt
to make money on an already invented thing.
Thanks,
--
Daniele Ricci

p.s. I already have a working implementation waiting to be pushed, so
let's not waste time! :-)