[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 19:36:46 CET 2010

Hi,

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
> time for another update.
>> Current status: the 1.8V is now working but the VDD2 (1.2 V) not.
>> The TPS chip aborts the power up sequence early.
>
> We could solve that by adding a jump start resistor.

Nikolaus, this project is a very interesting effort and i am glad to
read you're steadily moving towards getting a modern and functional
device as free as freerunner. This news are fairly encouraging, there
was nothing like that on the community mailing list for quite a while.

There is this one thing that bothers me though: i would be rather glad
to see Joerg Reisenweber[1], one of the most clueful and insightful HW
guys from the OpenMoko fame in your team; to me it looks like his
experience could really help to not only kickstart your endeavor but
to also cope with all those hurdles along the way.

Sincerely wishing you best of luck and happy hacking.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:JOERG
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com