MeeGo 1.1 for FreeRunner?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:01:28 CET 2010

2010/11/16 Gay, John (GE Energy Services, Non-GE) <John.Gay at ge.com>:
> Does anyone know how difficult it would be to port MeeGo to the
> FreeRunner?

Well, it would require re-compiling MeeGo for ARMv4. I've been
thinking about it, but more likely though I'll take a look at the
handset UIs available and see about packaging such things to Debian...
after all, I don't see that much extra value in a new distro as such,
but I would see benefit in any handheld suitable applications/UIs that
come out of MeeGo. Of course, both should be fun to do which is what
matters...

-Timo