[Debian] aplay/mplayer broken with pkg-fso linux-image-2.6.34-openmoko-gta02?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:48:30 CET 2010

2010/11/19 Paul Wise <pabs3 at bonedaddy.net>:
> Is anyone else having broken audio on Debian with pkg-fso
> linux-image-2.6.34-openmoko-gta02? Timo Jyrinki can reproduce it with
> one GTA02 but not with another one. Here are some symptoms:

And the one I can reproduce it with is up-to-date sid, while the one
where I have no problem is mostly pure Debian squeeze (only E17 and
Zhone from sid and kernel from pkg-fso) with 127 unupgraded packages
(ALSA among else). Paul mentioned he mostly has squeeze as well, so it
might be even something in testing, just recently migrated?

Same kernel is used on each device, and same modules loaded (audio
support built-in).

Mostly it would be good to hear from other Debian users if they are
seeing the problem, or if they are not seeing it. Maybe we could then
pinpoint what's causing the problem. My guess so far is that it
wouldn't be kernel related, since I at least have audio perfectly
functional on one device. I wouldn't have even noticed the problem if
I hadn't tested audio on my playground Neo after Paul mentioned it...

I will try to upgrade my working Neo to latest squeeze a few packages
at a time at some point, but right now I don't have time and need that
phone to be working :)

-Timo