Coto - a clone of openalchemist

omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Fri Nov 19 20:58:21 CET 2010

Hey,

Lately, that evil game took many precious hours of my life again, so I decided to refresh an old project of mine to be able to play it on the Freerunner.
3 years ago I wrote a clone of openalchemist in Python + GTK (openalchemist used way too much CPU), but it used keyboard only. This week I cleaned up the code somewhat and made it compatible with a touchscreen.

I couldn't be bothered making the sizes proper (packing widgets properly), but the game itself is playable (but the lack of animations makes it more difficult to understand).

The screen is split into 4 parts touch-wise: upper third rotates the pair, bottom part drops it, left and right parts move it to the side.
Arrows work, F5 is "undo".

A screenshot of a game that will soon be over:
http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/db5977aa398daa44f52d1e7a3ab87368.png

I hope someone likes it!

Cheers,
rhn