[Shr-User] [e-users] Someone is trying to patent Quickwriting

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Wed Nov 24 11:15:27 CET 2010

Dnia 2010-11-24, śro o godzinie 09:56 +0100, Thibaut Girka pisze:
> Le mercredi 24 novembre 2010 à 09:18 +0100, Patryk Benderz a écrit :
> > Well, I do for example. Looking at the title of patent, it seems that
> > 8pen is French based company. Following google hits I fount French
> > patent office:
> > http://www.inpi.fr/
> > But here after struggling for a while looking for English version, I
> > decided to ask If any of you guys know French language and could help to
> > find this patent (1058945 ) in patent office?
>
> I'm French, and after a quick search, I couldn't find this patent.
> Furthermore, I doubt INPI would accept this, it's about industrial
> patents, we don't have things like software patents.
	I made another attempt to look for this patent at http://www.epo.org/
and http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/index.jsp but failed here also. Any
ideas where to find this patent?
	There is one more strangeness, looking at their schematic drawings, it
looks like this patent application is not finished yet. Maybe they have
not applied it yet?
	Another fact is that they are decided to distribute their software for
free:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Android-Input-App-8pen-Is-Now-Free-for-Download-166085.shtml
http://www.coveringweb.info/2010/11/android-input-app-8pen-is-now-free-for.html

--