Anyone still have the case CAD files?

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Thu Oct 28 21:46:59 CEST 2010

>> Try FreeCAD
>> Its also able to open this format.
>The freecad ebuild in the gentoo science overlay has an unresolvable
>dependency at the moment. Is it significantly better than brl-cad?
I'm using gentoo too.
Seems the install paths do not fit together well, but with (temporary) hack on
line 5 of following steps you can make it build. I'm using KDE4.5.2
--------
autounmask sci-misc/freecad-0.9.2646
emerge =media-libs/coin-3.1.3-r1
emerge =media-libs/SoQt-1.5.0-r1
emerge =sci-libs/opencascade-6.3-r1
sudo ln -s /usr/include/coin/Inventor/ /usr/include/
emerge =sci-misc/freecad-0.9.2646
--------

>> If you convert it to stl, you can print it with a RepRap.
>brl-cad can export to stl too.
Yes. I know. Just wanted to mention it ^^

>> Mine will soon be done yeeha
>Good luck!
Thx! ^_^

best regards