[Community Updates] 2010-09-01 is out

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Wed Sep 1 11:56:05 CEST 2010

Hi, list,

Bit info about glamo timing settings. As for some people:

>    * Glamo timing improvements (= more speed without caveats) can be
>done also in run time, and also pre-compiled Qi with settings set by
>Qi are available:

is someting new, i want to comment this a bit.

1. I beleive that default timings of 4-4-4 is a bug, which should be
fixed. Where is no reason to keep default timings.

2. Because of (1), it should just be fixed. Proper way to set video and
other memory timings is bootloader. So, bootloader should be fixed once
and what's all.

3. So, I hope nobody of distributors will include settings change in
runtime, as it will be maintaining one more hack and encouraging users
not to use proper solutions.

Keeping this things in mind i didn't publish this way to change settings
in my original mail, publishing only way to check bootloader settings,
not way to change them. Disadvantage is that i didn't allow people to
quick check things, but i just attempted to avoid one more from being
introduced.

Gennady