[Community Updates] 2010-09-01 is out

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Wed Sep 1 17:10:19 CEST 2010

В Срд, 01/09/2010 в 18:39 +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors пишет:
> Gennady Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com> writes:
> > 1. I beleive that default timings of 4-4-4 is a bug, which should be
> > fixed. Where is no reason to keep default timings.
>
> Hmm, wasn't there some WSOD problem that started to occur with 2-4-2?

No, where is no WSOD, only WS, so you can boot your device and fix
kernel in case of troubles.

2-4-2 just highlighted it, it existed for 4-4-4 too but visible only on
rotation, etc, workaround exist.

> To support regression testing it would be nice to be able to boot
> older kernels. However, if the WSOD is rare enough then maybe hard
> coding could be ok. However, I don't see why u-boot couldn't just have
> an environment variable for the timings. At least for the time being.

You can boot .29 kernel (from qtmoko or debian) without problems. What
kind of old kernels you want to care of except this?

> I don't see why u-boot couldn't just have
> an environment variable for the timings. At least for the time being.

So far, i see no reason to keep old state, my p(1) is about this, yes?
What to do with qi?

Gennady.