Using freerunner as webcam display

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Mon Sep 6 01:24:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010, Denis Shulyaka wrote:

> 2010/9/3 Alexander Lehner <lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de>:
>>

>> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Gennady Kupava wrote:
>>

> Hi Alex!
>
> I think that video filters you use take too much cpu. Try -zoom
> instead of -vf scale and also try `xrandr -o 2` before running mplayer
> and omit the -vf rotate=2 parameter. Also try -vo x11 if above does
> not work.
>
> Denis.

Hi Dennis,

thanks for your hints.
I found out, that is mainly fbdev which costs the high CPU load.
with x11 and no rotation I get 60% CPU at 10fps and a fluent movie.
x11 and rotation is about 80%CPU.
fbdev is at 80-90%CPU with or without rotation and a not so smooth video
any more.
xrandr -o 2 seems not to work.

So I can live with that - after all it's actually only a 'proof of
concept' without any relevant importance ;)

I also updated to a new image (last one was more than 1 month ago) and I
was surprised about the speed improvement - launching applications and the
reaction time of certain controls (especially disabling dimming and
suspend) are really impressive now! However did this - thanks a lot, I now
hate my freerunner less than before ;)

Just one strange thind to mention: opkg update/upgrade from my prior
version crashed my phone and the power button started to shine in magenta!
Never seen this before, but it was really nice.
(We could use this if the SIM card was detected as TCom provider...)

Alex.