QtMoko v26

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Sep 11 08:33:24 CEST 2010

Thomas HOCEDEZ wrote:

>  Whooo, using QTMokov26 for some days now, and it's a really allday
> phone now.
>
> But allday until when ? Because when I try an "apt-get update"...
> Bing!*  : no space left on device !
> Does anyone has a turnaround aor a real solution to this ?

Hi Thomas,
if you are you running from NAND it could be because apt-get uses mmap which
is not available on jffs2. Because of it we have tmpfs mount in /etc/fstab
which mounts RAM filesystem for apt with only limited capacity.

It can help to reboot FR which clears the tmpfs mount. Or you can do:

mount -o bind /path/to/some/dir/on/ext3/filesystem/on/SD/card /var/cache/apt

I hope this will be later fixed by switching to some newer flash filesystem
(there are lot of choices in 2.6.34 kernels).

Regards

Radek