How to maximize GPS battery life ?

Martix martix.cz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:30:20 CEST 2010

Hi,
you can save power by lowing GPS sampling rate:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GPS#Configuration_for_a_higher_sampling_rate
AFAIK, sample rate should be configurable between 0.250-64 seconds.
Look at UBX protocol documentation for more power saving options:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GPS#UBX_protocol

Regards,

Martix