qtmoko v26 bluetooth headset

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Thu Sep 16 08:37:17 CEST 2010

Thanks for the pointers Paul.

Paul Fertser wrote:
> This [1] page and this guy might help. Also feel free to ping me or
> him on irc, we do know some bluetooth tricks :)

Unfortunately frameworkd and the dbus stuff does not appear to be relevant for qtmoko.

However those pointers did explain what the start gsm bt audio fix does which is hidden in the tools
menu on qtmomo.

I guess I can sniff around what you guys did for the other dists, and try to do the equivalent here,
seems Radek got most of it working, but going into a shell and typing stuff to connect and
disconnect would probably make the California Highway Patrol come down on you like a ton of bricks,
especially since texting while driving is illegal (although it doesn't say typing shell commands is
illegal ;)

Anyway the main point is I need to integrate all this into the system so it all happens
automatically, like on most other phones, otherwise it defeats the object of having a "handsfree
device".

Has this been automated on the other dists, or do people still need to setup everything manually?
Does qtmoko use the same version of bluez as the other dists? Do those dists handle the buttons for
answering and hanging up calls? If so I can probably port some of that over unless it all uses
frameworkd and dbus commands. If nothing else I can use it as a pointer to how to do it.

> Also keep in mind that if you've got an ordinary (non-stereo,
> non-A2DP) headset, it's not supposed to work with mplayer and
> such. See [2] for the reference.

Ok that makes sense, I do have another A2DP headset, I'll see if that works differently.

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com