[GTA04] When is the next and more powerful openmoko releasing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Sep 16 09:36:20 CEST 2010

Am 12.08.2010 um 14:12 schrieb RANJAN:

> Hi,
>
> When is the next and more powerful openmoko (capable of seamless 3D video and faster processor) is going to be released???
>
> Regards
> Sriranjan

I have good news to announce. We have again made progress
towards our goals.

The first step is that the Openmoko Beagle Hybrid [1] (which is our
experimental and development prototype of such a new Openmoko)
is now working on the BeagleBoard XM [2]. We had to find a new
solution to solder the connectors (since the BB-XM already
has some). And to do some minor software changes to U-Boot. But
now it works.

Here you can find some photos of the assembly process:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/ombeagle/page/ConnectToBeagleboardXM/

We now have a 1 GHz ARM Cortex A8 with 3D Video behind
a Freerunner touch display!

And there is also good news for the GTA04 OMAP/UMTS upgrade
board. We have finalized the PCB layout and ordered (thanks to a
bigger donation) 10 sample boards and a SMD stencil. They will
arrive in 2-3 weeks. How it could look like is shown here (showing
a 2-layer mockup board and some of the core components):

	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/images/DSC00477.jpg

Nikolaus

[1]: http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Openmoko%20Beagle
      http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Beagle_Hybrid